Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between Ombré, Balayage, & Foil Highlights?
- Ombré is a gradient color application. Typically darkest at the root,medium in the middle then light at the bottom.
- Balayage is freehand highlighting which gives a softer organic look.
- Foil Highlights give a uniform customized look even from root to end
Ombré and Balayage are typically a longer application and processing time than the traditional foil technique.
I want to do silver blonde hair, but my hair is darker brown. How long will it take, and how much will it cost?
Silver or Grey Blonde is a hot look that is not usually achieved in one visit. Depending on previous colouring, natural color level, texture and hair length.
With amazing strides in our industry, we can get dramatic results. Each case is unique. Generally you can count on $200+ (cut & styling is additional)
What is the difference between Chemical Straightening, Relaxing and Smoothing?
- Chemical Straightening permanently straightens curly hair, usually ” poker” straight
- Relaxing can make the hair quite straight, but usually more damaging
- Smoothing procedures such as “Brazilian Blowout”, reduces the amount of curl and frizz significantly, but the curl will return in 4-6 months
Goldwell Kerasilk Control: http://www.goldwell.us/products/smoothing/kerasilk will smooth the curl and eliminate frizz. After care is crucial. Sulphate free shampoo,and proper conditioning will support these treatments, and help to prolong results.